The St. Louis Audubon Society's field trip today to Horseshoe Lake, Madison
County, Illinois, was enjoyed by about 16 birders.  Leader Torrey Berger
will soon be posting the results of the day.

Not trying to steal his thunder here, but the group heard repeated
vocalizations consistent with EASTERN WOOD-PEWEE.  We were not able to
confirm with a visual, but the pewee sound was heard several times, in the
same wooded area, by different people.  This was along the campground trail
on the island.

On the way home from Busch C.A. (St. Charles County, Missouri), I saw a
RED-TAILED HAWK carrying an EASTERN GRAY SQUIRREL at low altitude over I-64
in St. Louis County.  The hawk was being harassed by two crows.

Mike Thelen
St. Louis County, MO