This morning I went up to Squaw Creek NWR to see "what was happening". All
four geese species in good numbers especially the Snows(@ 2000) and Greater
White-fronted (@700). Fourteen species of duck which includes one male CINNAMON
TEAL. There were a lot of Double-crested Cormorants and American White Pelicans.
Also seen was one CATTLE EGRET on a levee at Cattail Pool (east side of Squaw
Creek). Shorebirds included @15 Lesser Yellowlegs, 4-5 Greater Yellowlegs,
one Baird's Sandpiper, one unidentified "peep" and lots of Killdeer.

I "ran into" Jason Slinkard of Springfield (formerly of Kearney, MO). It was
he who spotted the Cinnamon Teal in Cattail Pool. It was a "lifer" for him. He
was a very personable young man known to some of you on MOBIRDS who reside in
the Kearney and Springfield areas.

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, Buchanan County