Fellow birders,

There appears to be a virus or two floating around that produces messages with a subject line "Re: Excel file" or "Re: list"  or some form thereof, and has files attached.  My virus software has caught three such messages over the last four days, two of which have come from people on this listserve.

DO NOT OPEN MESSAGES WITH FILES ATTACHED EVEN IF YOU RECOGNIZE THE EMAIL ADDRESS

If you suspect the email is legitimate, send the person an email and ask if they have sent you a message with files attached.  If they haven't, then most likely the message contains a virus and should not be opened.

There are several websites that keep people up to date on the latest viruses and what to do to get rid of a virus if you have one.  Would those people on the listserve who are much more computer savvy than I am, and/or those who know the web addresses for those sites, mind posting a message to the list to remind us of where we can get more information?

Thanks,
Chadwick

Chadwick Rittenhouse
Ashland, Boone County, Missouri