I've been wanting to use that acronym ROWR for a Missouri Rock Wren for
some time now, so here's my chance!

Apache Motel, Rich Hill, Bates Co., MO., has, for years, been a "birder friendly"
place.  They cater to the hunter/fisher crowd that frequents Schell-Osage and
Four Rivers.  I/we've stayed there many times over the years when I bird there
and also when I work at Rockville, 20 miles east, (believe me, totally a pay check
unrelated to birds).

If you fail to see the Rock Wren out front, then look for it in the debris and
out buildings just to the southeast of the motel on their grounds.  It nervously
went into one of the sheds on the first day I saw it, Tuesday, March 23, 2004.

Thanks to my birding friends, Dave Henness and Bob Mangile for posting it so
that others, with the opportunity, would be able to enjoy also.

Rare MO Bird Form will be submitted shortly, of course.

Good birding,  Larry H.  Joplin MO.  3-25-04.