When we bought our new home with woods all behind it, we had no idea the variety of birds we would experience just a few feet from our window. This morning we heard Hairy making some racket, and lo and behold there was a male and a female Yellow-bellied sapsucker!

We have now had all the Missouri species of woodpeckers at the feeders within ten feet of our back door--Downy, Hairy, Red-headed, Red-bellied, Flicker, (a Pileated on the tree next to the feeder), and now two Yellow-Bellied Sapsuckers!

Then we walked to the front door, and there sat a Phoebe in the ornamental Japanese maple!

Happy Sunday!

Deb Fortenberry Priest/David Nichols
117 El Rancho Dr.
Hannibal MO 63401