Reminder:
CAS Field Trip to view Greater Prairie Chickens in Benton Co.
Saturday, Mar 27

Participants have choice of driving to Sedalia Friday or early Saturday
morning.

The field trip begins at the Sedalia Country Kitchen restaurant parking
lot on the east side of US 65 South (a.k.a. South Limit) at 6:30 a.m.
Saturday.

If you have one, please bring an FRS radio tuned to 11/22 so we can
communicate while in cars.

We will:
a. leave the Country Kitchen lot at 6:30 (participants are encouraged to
consolidate into as few vehicles as practical),

b. drive to the lek and observe GRPC,

c.  cruise area roads for other species,

d.  return to Country Kitchen where people may have a late breakfast or
leave the group,

e.  those who wish may continue birding with the group after
breakfast--probable sites are Grand Pass CA and/or Swan Lake NWR,

f. group will begin return to Columbia in mid or late afternoon.

I will be leaving Columbia Friday afternoon.  My car is full.  You are
encouraged to contact others to arrange carpool to Sedalia.

   I will be staying at the Best Western.  Anyone going to Sedalia Friday
is welcome to join my carload for supper (check with Best Western desk
for message to Columbia Birders or call my room for supper time and
destination.)

Below is a list of motels along south 65 for your use if you care to
make a reservation.  Listing here does not constitute an endorsement.

Mariel Stephenson has made a reservation at the Best Western and would
like a roommate.  Her number is 442-1725.

Anyone with questions, please e-mail me.

Best Western:  1-800-528-1235    or  660-826-6100

Sunset Motel:  660-826-1446

Sho-Me-Kort Motel  660-826-2488

Budget Host Super 7 Motel 1-800-675-2518

Stardust Motel  660-826-8662

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO