While birding the oxbow lakes area south of Saint Joseph this morning I again
observed the NORTHERN SHRIKE in the vicinity of "the green house with the
white fence around it" near the "T" intersection of 54 Road & Cottonwood. I
wonder how long it is going to stay here in Missouri? Over by the "yellowish" house
on Crockett Road there was one Loggerhead Shrike. The American White Pelicans
on Mud Lake are now sporting the "breeding knobs" on their upper mandibles. I
saw five Eastern Phoebes while walking the Interpretive Trail at Bluff Woods
CA, Halls. I did not see any Louisiana Waterthrush at Bluff Woods, but they
should be there soon. The Western Meadowlarks were singing all around Muskrat
Lake.