On Saturday, March 27 we will visit two of the Kansas City-area oxbows,
Sunshine Lake (Ray County) and Cooley Lake CA (Clay County), to search
for waterfowl, shorebirds, sparrows, and anything else that presents
itself. We'll try to have both areas covered by noon, but if we have a
lot of activity we may be tempted to stay afield longer... so bring
snacks. We may do some light hiking on the levees at Cooley Lake.

We'll leave at 7:30 a.m. from the McDonald's parking lot on Mo Hwy 291
in Liberty (918 S 291 Hwy, Liberty, MO 64068; south of the intersection
of Mo Hwys 152 and 291, in front of Southerlands). Carpooling is
necessary, because Sunshine Lake is private property and we will be
birding exclusively from the road. Bring an FRS radio if you have one.

Any questions, please e-mail me: [log in to unmask]; or call me on my
mobile: 816-289-7828

Kristi Mayo
Kearney, MO (Clay Co.)