I spent most of the day out and about. I started at Smithville Lake,
then on to Squaw Creek, then made one more quick glance at Smithville
before returning home.

Of note at Smithville:

--Red-breasted Merganser - 2
--Common Loon - at least 4
--Bonaparte's Gull - 3

And at Squaw Creek NWR:

--Calling Pied-billed Grebes
--Lots of waterfowl: Greater WF Goose, Snow Goose, Ross's Goose, Canada
Goose (incl. a few Richardson's), Wood Duck, Gadwall, Am. Wigeon,
Mallard, Blue-winged Teal, Northern Shoveler, Northern Pintail,
Green-winged Teal, Redhead, Ring-necked Duck, Greater and Lesser Scaup,
Bufflehead, Hooded Merganser, Ruddy Duck
--Most interesting birds: (2) Northern Pintail x Mallard hybrids
--Greater Yellowlegs - 2
--Least Sandpiper - 2
--Pectoral Sandpiper - 5
--Wilson's Snipe - 3
--Franklin's Gull - 1 full breeding plumage; landed briefly in Mallard
Marsh then caught a thermal north
--Ruby-crowned Kinglet singing
--Rusty Blackbird - 2
--Great-tailed Grackles