The Audubon Christmas Bird Count site has only posted the data for this
past count in the last few days.  They want me to have all the data edited
by the end of April.  That's going to be hard for me because I'm going to
be out of town about 3 weeks between now and then.  (Don't feel bad for
me.  Two of those weeks I'll be in Hawaii with no responsibilities other
than birding.)

Issues:

1)  Data for the following counts which are usually or sometimes done are
not available now on the web site.  That means that the count was not done
this year, the compiler has not finished entering the data, or that the
compiler is finished but forgot to click on the "I'm done" button.  A flaw
in the system is that I don't know for sure which counts were done unless
the data are entered and the compiler acknowledges that she or he has
finished entering data.  I assume that some of these counts were done
because I've received documentation for them.

Big Spring
Columbia
Grand Rivers
Laclede County (compiler has no e-mail)
Maryville
Mingo NWR
Montrose Lake
Poplar Bluff
Squaw Creek
St. Joseph
Sullivan (was not done last year)
Ted Shanks

If you are the compiler of one of these counts, please check that you have
entered all your data (deadline March 31) and have clicked the appropriate
button indicating that you have finished.  If you participated in one of
these counts and suspect that the compiler isn't on Mobirds or that I have
the wrong e-mail address above in the cc line, please let me know that the
count was done.

2)  In past years I've contacted compilers who have reported species that
require documentation and have urged then to send it if they haven't
already.  I'm not going to do that this year because I don't have time and
because it's much too late to be documenting now a sighting that happened
in December or early January.  To be honest, I've been accumulating a pile
of documentation forms that compilers have sent me, but haven't even looked
at them yet.  Compilers may want to send me a list of species that they
documented so that I can start getting organized.

Randy Korotev
MO CBC editor