I was at REDA in the AM, in addition to Dave's sightings I saw:

Pintail Marsh:
3-LESSER YELLOWLEGS
17-Pectoral Sandpipers
2-Wilson's Snipe
4-Rusty Blackbird
1-Very Possible Brewer's Blackbird--needed a bit better lighting.

Ring Necked Pheasants calling all around REDA in the AM

Good Luck to all who go after the Rock Wren this weekend.

Josh Uffman
St. Louis County, MO

David Rogles <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Mobirders,
As reported by Charlene, I took a post rain jaunt through St. Charles county this PM, winding up at REDA, where I saw the usual birds in the usual places.

Highlights: (numbers reflect a modest/casual effort to enumerate the birds. Totals may be affected by too much caffeine, difficult lighting, buzzing airplanes or just a product of my state of proto-geezerhood, and cannot be guaranteed. Your totals may be more or less, because, after all, they are birds)

At the St. Charles municipal airport (viewing the grass runway from highway B):
70 m/l American Golden Plovers
12/15 common snipe
8/10 greater yellowlegs
25/30 pectoral sandpipers
Additionally, meadowlarks, blackbirds. There was one non- peep, smaller than the pectorals, but bigger than the peeps. It got away from me.
No Solitary sandpipers and no other shorebird species seen; the County airport had more snipes, and a large flock of rusty blackbirds.

riverlands: flocks of red-breasted mergansers, ring-necked ducks are down; coots are increasing (300 +), ruddy ducks and lesser scaup seem to be at peak. Still wigeons, pintails, etc. One snow goose. 7 bonaparte's gulls, lots of overhead cormorants in large flight formations. No shorebirds seen. 3 horned grebes.

Somebody box the rock wren up until tomorrow.

David Rogles
St. Charles County

* *
* To access the Audubon Society of Missouri Web *
* Site: http://www.mobirds.org *