I know it is late to report but we were pleased to see some red-breasted mergansers last Thursday.  Mr. Niles, two students, and I viewed 7 males on the Ex.Springs sewage lagoons.  We then went to Smithville lake dam and saw another 15 males and 2 females.  Also, hundreds of gulls out in the open water.

Terry L. Miller
Kearney HS
Clay Co., Mo