The SE owls were flying on Sunday afternoon at 2 pm.  I watched one owl soaring until it was so high that it was nearly out of sight, then it came back down and landed in the corn stubble.  I had never seen activity like that.  When I left at 4:15, there were 2 SE owls flying on the west side of the farm.  Also thanks to Joyce and Edge for pointing out the Smiths Longspur to me after I had looked for them unsuccessfully for over two hours.

Neal Young

Columbia

Do you Yahoo!?