Hi Everyone,

Linda Yust and I spent a couple leisurely hours at Castlewood this morning.  Among the usual suspects, we also heard and saw E. Phoebe, Red-shouldered and Red-tailed Hawks, one male Belted Kingfisher, and one quick fly through of an E. Towhee. (No Golden-crowned Kinglets or Red-breasted Nuthatch today.)  The highlight, though, was looking at Mike Brady's feeder setup, and spotting a Fox Sparrow in the brushpile underneath the platform.  It flew, we refound it, singing beautifully!  This was in the field to the right of the office, in the hedgerow.  A first for both of us to hear it in the field.

Margy Terpstra