Wednesday morning Michael and I were at EBCA. On the one-way loop out to the
Sapp Tract we noticed what we thought might be a Cinnamon Teal. However, it
was paler than a Cinnamon Teal would be and there was a faint crescent behind
the bill. We thought about a hybrid but the bird flew before we could study it
further.

Continuing around the corner, and heading toward the Eagle nest, we saw what
we thought was the bird that flew. We quickly realized, however, that we had a
male Cinnamon Teal. It was not as dark a 'cinnamon' as the ones we've seen in
New Mexico, but definetly a rich cinnamon overall, a dark bill, dark tail.

Both of these birds were hanging out with Blue-winged Teal.

We assume these are the two birds Bill Goodge saw later in the day.

Joyce Bathke
Columbia, Boone County