We had a late dinner after the Sparrow/Blackbird workshop - probably no one
has time to post this, so I will.  Susan Hazelwood located a small flock of
Smith's Longspurs at Bradford Farms in the "3-awn" grass patch southeast of
the central intersection of gravel roads. (Good thing we had just learned
their distinguishing marks during the workshop!) Many of us were able to see
them in the fading light.

We spent over an hour circling Bradford Farm (many cars circling with many
radios chattering) before we finally had 2 SE Owls up in the late fading
light!  To my knowledge the Cinnamon Teal was not re-located today although
the hybrid was.  More exciting birds tomorrow (we hope).
Jean Leonatti
Boone County, Columbia, MO