You might check out
http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/cranecam/

A certain hours of the day, it shows the crane habitat in Nebraska with a live camera. The camera is not set up in a stationary spot. Rather, it moves along the river and covers quite a bit of ground.

 I watched today and saw lots of river flowing, some sand bars and  some waterfowl flying in the distance, but no cranes. I heard Snow Geese calling. It's early, I guess.

It's an interesting idea, and I plan to keep watching from time to time until I see some cranes.

Bob Fisher
Independence, Missouri