Thought I had a singing PINE WARBLER at Rockwood last week, but was not sure because I only heard the song a couple of times and not very well.

Today, almost in the very same area, singing the same song and heard quite well was a PINE WARBLER. It didn't sing for long and took off to the back of the stand of pines so seeing a bird here might be rather difficult (add not much safe parking too)
This was on Old Manchester Road in the pines across from an electrical company. (road to the old entrance of Rockwood, NOT the current entrance off of Hwy 109)

Guess it's Spring.

Charlene Malone
St. Louis co.