The group went to Busch/Weldon Springs today.  We started at Weldon Springs, where we ran into Josh Uffman.  He told us about his Spotted Towhees.  We went down the trails and saw the female briefly.  There were also several Harris Sparrows.  At least two nice adults and a couple of younger birds.  While we were there what appeared to a Goshawk (Red-tailed size, long barred tail, broad relatively short wings, streaked below) flew over.  There were also E. Phoebe's in the area as well as all the usual suspects (White-throated, White-crowned , Fox, and Song Sparrows, Eastern Meadowlarks, Killdeer etc.).
At Lake 6 we found the Red-breasted Nuthatch that has been reported there over the winter.  It was in the pines near the bunker.
The Fallen Oak Nature trail produced three Purple Finches (one male, two female) as well the the usual birds.
The shore bird area was deserted (not even any ducks) and Lake 33 only Ring-necks.