The lake was the calmest I have ever seen it today when I went down to do some fishing.  Immediatly after parking I looked up to see a group of 50+ AMERICAN WHITE PELICANS heading north, they then slowed for awhile to do their swirling before heading out.  Later I looked across the lake and saw a bunch of crows over the trees, but once I got the binocs on them I saw that they were not crows but Turkey Vultures, there were at least 42! in this group flying across the tops of the trees.  I have seen some large kettles but never that many birds.  It was a bad angle to check for blacks.  Red winged blackbirds are staking out territory in the cattails along the shore, it was neat to see the males perched at almost perfecty equal distances from eachother calling.  I also had two meadowlarks on the grassy hill by the pavilion but they were silent and I could not determine species.  well thats about it, lots of bass hittin the surface, only caught one, let my girlfriend fish most of the time.

Matt Andrews