Made a quick run through Eagle Bluffs CA this morning.  The wind is blowing
so hard it is impossible to use scope.  Lots of water - Perche Creek is out
of its banks.  Most of the waterfowl is in the back section beyond the
second one-way loop.  Good variety and numbers: BW Teal, GW Teal, Pintails,
Shovelers, Gadwall, Mallard, Coot, Goldeneye, Ruddies, Lesser SC, RN Ducks,
Hooded ME.  One Goldeneye had a lot of "darkness" on its back but I believe
it was transitional plumage rather than a Barrows - couldn't hold scope
still enough to get good looks. Even the Pintails have their necks tucked in
this strong wind!

Wave upon wave of Snow Geese - continuous for 15 minutes - flying low and
really fighting the wind.  It was sad to see them struggling so much, could
even see a couple of waves being pushed backwards!  I kept hoping they would
settle in a field to feed and rest, but I did not see any on the ground.  It
will be a long hard day for them.

A small flock (10-20) American Pipits were in the field on the left side (as
you enter) of Star School Road, just as the road goes up a small rise.  They
were near a "fluddle" in that field.
Jean Leonatti
Boone County, Columbia, MO