From culmen to crissum, from stem to stern, 4 great birders from the west analyzed that neat little redpoll that has been at our feeder since Jan 27th. Dave Easterla (and I got him to sign my book), Kirby Goslee,  Jack Hilsabeck, and Peter Kondrashov  discussed, studied pictures and took more and came up with the solution:
1st Year Common

And after reading Susan's report was I ever relieved that that  bird was not  a Hoary.  I kinda developed a "not in my backyard"  feeling.

Anyway I did appreciate the time they took and the analysis they made. Totally complete.  Just hope after looking at all the pictures they dont change their mind.

Anne Downing
Edina