Riverlands Environmental Demonstration Area is under consideration as an
Important Bird Area (IBA) under the National Audubon Society's program being
administered in Missouri by the Audubon State Office called Audubon
Missouri.  I have agreed to undertake the process of nominating REDA but
need some help from the Missouri and Illinois birding communities.

The requirement under which REDA would qualify is that 5,000 or more
waterfowl are present for significant periods of time.   This seems obvious
to most of us, but having actual count data is important.   The only data
that I have gathered myself was a count of about 8,000 scaup on one day a
few years ago.

If anyone has any additional data, or knows of someone who does, please
contact me off list.

John Solodar