What about using starling traps?  I have seen different kinds of traps which may trap more than one bird at a time.  They need to be monitored closely.  I recently bought a small house sparrow trap to use in my Purple Martin house from Hironbec.  They also make starling traps.

Even if we all used them we still couldn't make a dent in the starling population.  Doing nothing is even worse.

If you use a trap, I believe the starlings would quickly fear visiting your yard.

Tommie Rogers
Mound City, Mo