  Gale, I mostly use thistle feeders.  I have a little sunflower seed feeder
from the wild birds unlimited store which is designed to enable small
clinging birds to use it such as a chickadee or goldfinch.  The starlings
cannot  use either of these feeder designs.  I also have the upside down
suet holder and peanut holder inside a cage for the woodpeckers.  The peanut
box hangs from a limb up against a tree trunk.  The woodpeckers and
nuthatches can eat from it by clinging to the tree or the bottom of the
cage.  The starlings cannot hang upside down or cling to the side of the
tree trunk without a great deal of effort.  I have a couple of small
suction-cup window feeders which are not suitable for larger birds.  I
sprinkle seed on the window sill for the juncos.  The starlings know better
than to land in my window.
  Visit Wild Birds Unlimited.  Hope this helps.
  Tommie Rogers
  Holt county

  Subject: Forward from Gale Hammer