South of Saint Joseph I found the usual winter suspects, Canada Gees, Common
Goldeneye and Common Mergansers on the Missouri River. In flocks of Horned
Larks (300+) I was able to "pull out" three Lapland Longspurs. Sparrows seen
included American Tree (many), Harris's, White-crowned and Song.

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, Buchanan County