Chad and Tracy Rittenhouse and I visited EBCA yesterday hoping to catch a
glimpse of either of two merlins I saw there on Saturday. We didn't find
the merlins, but we had a good day none-the-less. Highlights included not
one but two GOLDEN EAGLES, both juveniles, at least 5-6 BALD EAGLES (2-3
mature and at least 3 juvies), and at least 3 color morphs of REDTAILED
HAWKS (Kriders, Eastern, and the Cinnamon,or intermediate morph between
dark and light phase). Additionally we found a flock of easily 200+ AM.
TREE SPARROWS in the overgrown fields bordering the road. The water was
openning up a bit but was largely still frozen. Ducks included a PINTAIL,
RING-NECKED, GADWALLS, and many MALLARDS. The other usual suspects were
seen as well.