I hope y'all are staying warm!  I have a nesting box question.

For several years, I have put out 2 wren nesting boxes from Wildbirds
Unlimited, but the only inhabitants I've had was a pair of house sparrows
one year. This year, I have had several Carolina wrens around my yard
steadily for months now, and I'd really like them to move in this spring.
Does anyone have suggestions, such as ideal location, to place them and how
early should I put them out?  Several years ago, my neighbors had a
decorative bird house on their front porch which had wrens (house wrens, I
believe) in it every year and the house was only 5 feet from the front door!

I have feeders with a variety of seeds, suet and fruit.  I have several
large trees and some 10-foot tall viburnums and holly bushes in the yard.  I
also have a bird bath and a pond for water.  I realize that it may just be
luck when it comes to attracting nesting birds, but I was just wondering if
there's anything I can do to make things more inviting

Thank you in advance.

Susan Eaton
Kirkwood, St. Louis CO., MO