In a message dated 2/22/2004 4:14:22 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

My judgement has nothing to do with the man's accent -- how ridiculous, who
would care about that? I simply abhor fundamentalists in general. Christian
fundamentalists are just as despicable as all others; read "The Clash of
Fundamentalisms" by Tariq Ali.

I'm afraid that I must agree with Gunnar.  It's not that I care that any one person or even that the majority follow the teachings of Jesus or Allah or anyone else.  What makes me nervous is when their belief takes them to the level where they also believe that the rest of the world must believe like they do and they then vow to convert, as in the case of the Christians, or destroy, as in the case of the Muslims, those that believe otherwise.  Rick, I don't want you to leave.  I enjoy your posts.  You are very sweet.  But, why do you give in to ignorance and rudeness?   Now, Gunnar here hates our President but he knows so little compared to us about America.  I'm a Democrat, always have been and always will be; but, I'm hardly enthralled by Kerry, to put it mildly. I'm praying Edwards wins the nomination and then the general election, but unlike Gunnar, I don't hate our President.  I certainly don't agree with many of his domestic policies, but I don't hate him for that.  It's a tough job he has, George W.  And I tell Gunnar to remember that little point.   And, no Floatpoint, in case you write in to ask, I'm not drunk.  I am sipping on a glass of white wine, but that doesn't make me drunk.  How silly you are; haven't you heard?  A little wine is good for the heart and good for the spirit.  Salu

Regards,

Kate