So how drunk were you this time, Troy?

on 2/19/04 4:41 PM, Kate Troy at [log in to unmask] wrote:

In a message dated 2/19/2004 10:25:14 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

This is not to mention Bush's primary appeal at the level of personality (and Edwards as well), which I think Eliot would've loathed. On the other hand, Kerry's "Boston Brahmanism" and concern with policy above personality doesn't seem so far from what Eliot had in mind.

Well, it's true that I've yet to see Kerry caught on camera being warm.  Bush can be warm; and, I've never seen Edwards being anything else but warm.  In this age of television, not even intellectuals can claim to be totally unmoved by personality; yet, if this was the only or even the most signifcant criteria, then Robin Williams would be our President.