In a message dated 2/2/2004 12:49:32 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

> Given the stellar quality of your referents or perhaps better, miscreants, you advance a powerful argument for
> responsibility.

Agreed.  But, I'm not sure of what his point was, anyway.  Does he believe that people who kill other people and steal whatever it is they want should not be apprehended, taken to  trial and then nbe given punishment.  Does he not realize what society would be like in such circumstances.  But then, he doesn't need to use his imagination to realize; he may visit certain South American countries where this is basically the realtity of life.  These are places where tourists do not visit and where women cannot walk unprotected even in the daytime unless they want to be raped and where no person can live safely without a gun, etc.