Francis Gavin wrote:

> With all respect due you Carrol, who cares? A testimony by a woman who waits
> twenty years to point an accusing finger at somebody famous who may have
> groped her -- then resorts to a twenty year old photo so we can see how cute
> she was then. Sounds like her career needs a shot in the arm.

Wolf's essay in itself is nothing -- but the question of university
response to all forms of harassment of women, clerical staff, janitors,
non-tenure track faculty, etc. remains a large one. I happened to glance
at the sports section of the Chicago Tribune this morning. The response
of the Colorado football coach to charges of rape against his players
echoes the details of Wolf's essay. (I only glanced at the first few
paragraphs and don't know the details. Interested parties could google
"Barnett" and "Colorado" and find the details probably.

Carrol