In a message dated 2/19/2004 10:25:14 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> This is not to mention Bush's primary appeal at the level of personality
> (and Edwards as well), which I think Eliot would've loathed. On the other hand,
> Kerry's "Boston Brahmanism" and concern with policy above personality
> doesn't seem so far from what Eliot had in mind.

Well, it's true that I've yet to see Kerry caught on camera being warm.  Bush
can be warm; and, I've never seen Edwards being anything else but warm.  In
this age of television, not even intellectuals can claim to be totally unmoved
by personality; yet, if this was the only or even the most signifcant
criteria, then Robin Williams would be our President.