Paradoxically, I think Eliot best explained what an object correlative is
when he didn't mention it at all but just described it in 'Tradition and the
Individual Talent'.

"The poet's mind is in fact a receptacle for seizing and storing up
numberless feelings, phrases, images, which remain there until all the
particles which can unite to form a new compound are present together."

...Anyway -- Eliot sounds much like Umberto Eco when he talks about literary
criticism... I don't know why I'm saying this, but that's the feeling I got
as soon as I began studying Eliot's criticism in a systematic way... :-) ...
T.S. Eco...

Best wishes,
Sara