--- Tom Gray <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> --- Peter Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
> > SO how do I get that file back.
> > I completely obliterated it?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Peter
>
> It is only used in rare circumstances. It is very
> unlkely that its absence will affect you in any way.

From the Symantec site on the lack of need to repalce
this file:

NOTE: If you have already deleted the Jdbgmgr.exe
file, in most cases, you do not need to re-install it.
The following quote is extracted from the Microsoft
Knowledge Base article, "Virus Hoax: Microsoft
Debugger Registrar for Java (Jdbgmgr.exe) Is Not a
Virus (Q322993)."

"The Microsoft Debugger Registrar for Java
(Jdbgmgr.exe) is only used by Microsoft Visual J++ 1.1
developers.

If you follow the e-mail message instructions and
delete this file, you do not have to recover it unless
you use Microsoft Visual J++ 1.1 to develop Java
programs on Windows XP, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 98
Second Edition, Windows 98, or Windows 95."