It is conceivable that I passed on a virus to this list.
Highly unlikely, given all the blockers in the way,
but just in case, here is the requisite information.

I found the culprit file in an old computer I use for backup.
There were no names left in the address book but my own,
a friend's and this list, for some very strange reason.
It was my friend, apparently, who passed it on to me.

Sorry,
Peter

Dear All

I'm sorry about this; but I received this E-mail from a friend
regarding a virus that was inadvertently passed on to everyone in
their address book. I followed the instructions and YES, IT WAS ON MY
COMPUTER.

Since you are in my address book, I am sending this on to you as a
precaution. NORTON 2002 DID NOT DETECT IT!

Here are the instructions on how to check for this virus and delete
it if you have it too. It only took a few minutes, following these
instructions. Be sure to notify all in your address book too (which
will take longer than deleting the virus from your computer).

Since you are in our address book, there is a good chance you will
find it in your computer too unless you have an Apple or MAC. The
virus (called jdbgmgr.exe) is not detected by Norton or McAfee anti-
virus systems. The virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the
system. It is sent automatically by messenger and by the address
book, whether or not you sent Emails to your contacts. Here's how to
check for the virus and how to get rid of it:?br>
YOU MUST DO THIS
1. Go to Start, Go to Find or Search option
2. In the File Folder option, type the name: jdbgmgr.exe
3. Be sure you search your C: drive and all sub-folders and any
otherdrives you may have.
4. Click "Find Now"
5. The Virus has a Teddy Bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT
OPENIT
6. Go to Edit (on menu bar), choose "Select All" to highlight the
file without opening it.
7. Now go to File (on the menu bar) and select Delete. It will then
go to the Recycle Bin.
8. Go to the Recycle Bin and Delete it
IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS, YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR
ADDRESS BOOK, SO THEY CAN ERADICATE IT IN THEIR OWN ADDRESS BOOKS.

To do this:
a) Open a new e-mail message
b) Click the icon of the address book next to the "TO"
c) Highlight every name and add to "BCC"
d) Copy this message enter subject paste to e-mail
Am very sorry about this nuisance. This age of technology is not that
great sometimes. We are victims!