Peter Montgomery wrote:

> Might have been an apt description of his wife.

The Eliot quotation that I sent in to append to Will's submittal was
pulled from my local version of my TWL website (to be uploaded
someday.)  I was wondering whether to attach it as commentary to some
line in Part II because, like you Peter, I too thought of Vivienne.
I decided to attach it to the "Datta" part of Part V because of the
similarity between TSE's "My friend, blood shaking my heart" and
Middleton's "I that am of your blood was taken from you / For your
better health;"  (it makes better sense if you look at Eliot's drafts
and think of the loss of his "brother.")

BTW, Eliot, in his introduction to "Nightwood" by Djuna Barnes,
seemed to be quite taken by the character of
"Dr. Matthew-Mighty-grain-of-salt-Dante-O'Conner," who, like Moll
Cutpurse, was a cross-dresser.  Anyone care to stir things up
further?

Regards,
    Rick Parker