Rick,

  Sorry to see you depart. Your active engagement with TSE, Pound, et al,
is one of the things I look forward to on the list. I worked my way through
many of the same voices and texts thirty-some years ago and am glad to be
reminded what some of those discoveries felt like. I'm inclined to agree
with you on the inappropriateness of using the list for a political forum
and have found that simply deleting messages unread from posters whose
comments never or rarely touch on TSE saves beaucoup time and aggravation.
The list is wholly voluntary; one isn't required to read every bit of
trivia and distraction or the self-appointed politically correct. We'll be
a bit poorer for lack of someone whose main agenda item was on-topic
discussion.

Ken A.