Print

Print


-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2004 6:33 AM
Subject: [ivla] Fwd: Visual Research symposium at Tate Britain. Weds 19
May 2004.


Free!
From: Robert Muffoletto <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:29:07 -0500
Sender: [log in to unmask]
Precedence: bulk
Reply-To: [log in to unmask]

> >           THE NEW CREATIVE RESEARCH METHODS
> > -----------------------------------------------------------
> >       A free symposium at Tate Britain, London
> >         Wednesday 19th May 2004 (1.30 - 5.00)
> > -----------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > The Centre for Creative Media Research is holding a symposium
> > about new visual, creative research methods being used to
> > understand the place of popular media in people's lives.
> >
> > These qualitative research methods typically ask participants
> > to *make* something (e.g. drawings, video, collage, photographs)
> > as part of the exploration of their relationship with media
> > culture.
> >
> > Anyone interested is welcome to attend, to discuss or just
> > to look and listen. The event is free, and tea/coffee will
> > be provided.
> >
> > If you will be coming, all we ask is that you send an email
> > to David Gauntlett at [log in to unmask]
> > so that we can monitor the expected numbers.
> >
> > Further info about the event can be found
> > at http://www.artlab.org.uk/tate.htm
> >
> > There will be presentations from:
> >
> > David Gauntlett -- Studied young people's relationship with media
> > celebrities through drawings, and environmental beliefs through
> > video-making. (Bournemouth Media School)
> >
> > Sara Bragg -- Studied young people's feelings about sexual material
> > in the media through scrapbook-making. (Institute of Education, London)
> >
> > Geoff Leland -- Studied young people's media use and experience
> > of popular film through drawings .(University of Waikato, New Zealand)
> >
> > Merris Griffiths -- Studied children's attitudes to advertising
> > through drawings. (University of Wales, Aberystwyth)
> >
> > Ross Horsley -- Studied young masculinities through making covers
> > for men's magazines. (University of Leeds)
> >
> > -----------------------------------------------------------
> > The Centre for Creative Media Research is part of
> > Bournemouth Media School, Bournemouth University, UK
> > -----------------------------------------------------------
> > ..
> > ..
> >
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>----
>
>Roberto Muffoletto
>Coordinator: Graduate "Online Teaching and Learning" Program of Study
>College of Education
>Appalachian State University
>Boone, NC  28607
>
>Phone:
>828-262-1570 (home)
>828-262-2277 (office)
>email: [log in to unmask]
>Program URL: http://edtech.ced.appstate.edu
>
>
>--Boundary_(ID_lr8t1nXLHuoOLbi6LlgDPg)
>Content-type: text/enriched; charset=US-ASCII
>Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT
>
>
>
>
>Begin forwarded message:
>
>
><excerpt><bold><color><param>0000,0000,0000</param>From:
></color></bold>David Gauntlett <<[log in to unmask]>
>
><bold><color><param>0000,0000,0000</param>Date:
></color></bold>February 19, 2004 7:35:46 AM EST
>
><bold><color><param>0000,0000,0000</param>To:
></color></bold>[log in to unmask]
>
><bold><color><param>0000,0000,0000</param>Subject: </color>Visual
>Research symposium at Tate Britain. Weds 19 May 2004. Free!
>
><color><param>0000,0000,0000</param>Reply-To: </color></bold>IVSA
>International Visual Sociology Association <<[log in to unmask]>
>
>
>-----------------------------------------------------------
>
>           THE NEW CREATIVE RESEARCH METHODS
>
>-----------------------------------------------------------
>
>       A free symposium at Tate Britain, London
>
>         Wednesday 19th May 2004 (1.30 - 5.00)
>
>-----------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>The Centre for Creative Media Research is holding a symposium
>
>about new visual, creative research methods being used to
>
>understand the place of popular media in people's lives.
>
>
>These qualitative research methods typically ask participants
>
>to *make* something (e.g. drawings, video, collage, photographs)
>
>as part of the exploration of their relationship with media
>
>culture.
>
>
>Anyone interested is welcome to attend, to discuss or just
>
>to look and listen. The event is free, and tea/coffee will
>
>be provided.
>
>
>If you will be coming, all we ask is that you send an email
>
>to David Gauntlett at [log in to unmask]
>
>so that we can monitor the expected numbers.
>
>
>Further info about the event can be found
>
>at http://www.artlab.org.uk/tate.htm
>
>
>There will be presentations from:
>
>
>David Gauntlett -- Studied young people's relationship with media
>
>celebrities through drawings, and environmental beliefs through
>
>video-making. (Bournemouth Media School)
>
>
>Sara Bragg -- Studied young people's feelings about sexual material
>
>in the media through scrapbook-making. (Institute of Education, London)
>
>
>Geoff Leland -- Studied young people's media use and experience
>
>of popular film through drawings .(University of Waikato, New Zealand)
>
>
>Merris Griffiths -- Studied children's attitudes to advertising
>
>through drawings. (University of Wales, Aberystwyth)
>
>
>Ross Horsley -- Studied young masculinities through making covers
>
>for men's magazines. (University of Leeds)
>
>
>-----------------------------------------------------------
>
>The Centre for Creative Media Research is part of
>
>Bournemouth Media School, Bournemouth University, UK
>
>-----------------------------------------------------------
>
>..
>
>..
>
>
></excerpt>-----------------------------------------------------------------
-----------
>
>
>Roberto Muffoletto
>
>Coordinator: Graduate "Online Teaching and Learning" Program of Study
>
>College of Education
>
>Appalachian State University
>
>Boone, NC  28607
>
>
>Phone:
>
>828-262-1570 (home)
>
>828-262-2277 (office)
>
>email: [log in to unmask]
>
>Program URL: http://edtech.ced.appstate.edu
>
>
>
>--Boundary_(ID_lr8t1nXLHuoOLbi6LlgDPg)--
>
>

*****************************************
IVLA e-list Moderator


Maria D. Avgerinou, PhD, OET Cert.
Assistant Professor
School of Education (N 225)
Saint Xavier University
3700 W. 103rd Street
Chicago, Illinois 60655 USA

tel- (int code) 773 298 3856
fax- (int code) 773 779 3201
email- [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

_________________________________________________________________
Get fast, reliable access with MSN 9 Dial-up. Click here for Special Offer!
http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/