Rick,

Well, TWL notes are an attempt to direct something, but they may be as good
an argument against notes as for. TWL notes may be an indicator that TWL is
Eliot's Hamlet. My point is that the poem IS the help, and it is unfair to
expect Eliot to think the way he must to make poetry and then the way we
should to interpret poetry. It is like asking him to be two people, and it
really subverts everyone's legitimate standing in relation to the poetry,
his and ours as well as the poetry itself.

Ken