From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 8:51 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: OT: Subject Status; Was, "Covers and Quiz (was:
Discussion)"

I'm curious: how did this work before 1949?  Were some people subjects and
other citizens, or was everyone but the monarch (and perhaps immediate
family) subjects?  Or did it vary geographically, or on some other basis?
Don't know much about this, and I've wondered periodically without ever
bothering to look it up.

Tom K