At 02:46 PM 2/11/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>On the subject of whether a library should have the book or not, how
>many copies were printed when it was published? (I'm assuming that it
>never sold more than the first printing??)

   Good point. Of the 85 libraries in Ohio linked by a common lending
system (Including many college and university libraries), only 8 list the
book and only 6 lend it out.

>There may not have been enough copies around for every 'major' library
>(however one defines 'major') to get one. It's not really a very
>important book is it?

  Pound thought so, and finding out good and evil in literature (though not
the stated purpose) might be apportioned as important among those who
believe in distinguishing the two. And who more to expect it from than our
time's "true Dantescan voice"?

Ken A.