From: Nancy Gish
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: 2/9/04 11:04 AM
Subject: Re: OT Lectures and abstracts

Dear Sara,

Are you trying for a panel at a conference?  If so, you need not have
the article written yet; what you need is an abstract of the argument.
So you need that to be pretty well worked out.  But you do not need the
whole text finished.  In fact, I would say that most panel papers are
not yet articles but are ideas-in-progress, and the presentation then is
developed into publishable form.

If you need any suggestions, write off list and make clear what you are
aiming for.
Best,
Nancy

Dear Listers,

Trying somehow to get involved in a lecture, I'm at the very beginning
of
all this.
In the Anglo-Saxon system, abstracts must be usually sent for the
committee
to decide whether to include it within a panel. Yet, I was wondering
whether
the abstract is sent after the article has been written or whether it
might
also be sent when the article is still being worked upon.
I know it may sound like a silly question, but I'm totally unaware of
how
this system works.
Thanks to anyone who can help. (feel free to write to me offlist, since
it's
an off topic question)
All the best,
Sara