After being absent from the state for a few days I again birded the oxbow
lakes region south of Saint Joseph this morning. A very obliging Northern Strike
was found at the top of the small black walnut tree on the immediate right of
the lane leading to the trailer home on Crockett Road (Muskrat Lake area).
This is the trailer home that has the "sold" sign in front of it.

I did not locate any of the swans today.

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, Buchanan County