I thought I would kill two birds with one - whoops- guess I shouldn't - anyway I went to Harrison Co. today. Not enough snow to ski - so spent the day birding. Was surprised to find a Hermit thrush at Grand Trace C. A. - pretty far North for it. I about froze looking through the dozens of tree sparrows around the milo field - never did see one with a white hood as Kyle Driggers  had reported. Lots of Juncos, some Song, White-throated, House, and a Harris Sparrow. Went on up to Dunn Ranch and walked around for a while - pretty cold and desolate there. Did see Rough-legged Hawk, N. Harrier, Kestral, W. Meadowlark, and one Gr. Praire Chicken.
 I thought I was pretty cold a few times today - don't think it got out of single digits up there - then up north of Jamesport on the way home I met an Amish man - riding down the road in an open buggy. He waved - I waved back - then I had a differnt perspective on cold - and turned down my heater fan a bit.
 Later, Steve