Spent a week in Texas Valley. Birding for me was great. I had the following lifers:

        Black Crested Titmouse
        Blue-headed Vireo
        Mottled Duck
        Least Grebe (2 mths old)
        White tipped Dove
        Clay Colored Robin
        White tailed Kite

The above  were scene at Santa Ana Wildlife refuge.

 Next day went to Bentson- Rio Grande Valley State Park. Saw another life bird for me:

        Gray Hawk

Since my last visit several years ago Bentson-Rio Grande has gone through a big change. No longer
can RV's use the park.  The Park is going to become a world birding center. New buildings are being
built outside the Park for information and displays, etc. (Note: RV's can use a new center that has
just opened a short distance from the Park.)

Barb Allen, Columbia, Mo.