I posted to this listserve before about the large number of Amercian
Robins in Rolla, but I believe that instead of numbering in the hundreds
of 1000s, the number of birds probably exceeds 2 million and maybe
double that.
These birds are best seen in the evening between 4:30 and 5:00 pm as
they return to the roosting area.  The roost are is near the junction of
Hwy 72 and Hwy O on the east end of town.
Linda Frederick
Rolla, MO