MoBirders,
I have been finding piles of feathers around the feeder, once or twice a week, and have inferred the continued presence of the Cooper's Hawk.  It has been in residence now for over 2 years and I have records for most of the months, including summer.  The dove population at the feeder has taken a hit, with the numbers now below 20.  I have only seen him successfully capture a dove 1 time, though I see him sitting on the fence or in the trees, hunting.  This week the need for seed has been low, so I guess he is hanging around and keeping the birds away.

Question:  How many mobirders know of resident Cooper's Hawk using feeders the year round.  I know the COHA is a rare/uncommon resident, and I am curious about this bird.  I live in a subdivision with no large tracts of trees, though I believe the hawks nest in the creek bottom to the east, which has about 1 mile of a narrow tree corridor.

David Rogles