This morning at Ashland Memorial Cemetery I got my name sake (e-mail) bird
the Golden-crowned Kinglet. Also observed were two male Yellow-bellied
Sapsuckers, one Brown Creeper, ten White-throated Sparrows, one Winter Wren, four
Carolina Wrens along with the usual suspects.

On "ice-over" Lake Contrary there were three Trumpeter Swans and in an
adjacent stubble corn field were three Tundra Swans. I don't know where the fourth
Trumpeter was.

Also in the area were Northern Mockingbird and Loggerhead Shrike. I did not
see the Northern Shrike today. (I think Frances Cramer told me that Norma Zier
had seen it today though).

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, Buchanan County                      [log in to unmask]