Columbia Audubon Society is sponsoring a field trip on Sunday, January 18.
This is billed as a "mystery waterfowl" trip -- which means we are heading
in the direction of the best bird sightings.  We were secretly hoping for
some unusual birds at REDA, but that doesn't seem to be happening at the
moment. Guess we will have to go out and find our own zooties! At this
point, we will plan to head up to Long Branch Lake and Thomas Hill Lake.  If
anyone in our group has not yet seen the Redpoll at Macon, we will stop and
check the feeders at the March home (pending their permission).

If our MoBird friends report any unusual sightings between now and Sunday,
you can bet that the Columbia cars will abort the previous announcement and
head in a new direction.

Dress for cold, windy weather and bring food and water.  We will LEAVE at
7:30a (so that means arrive around 7:20a) from Patricia's IGA parking lot,
northwest corner.  This is the old Nowell's grocery store on Keene Street.
Since I don't know exactly where we are going, I can't tell you when we will
return - this is suppose to be a full day trip so tell your loved ones to
expect you back after dark. Flexibility is the name of the game!
Trip Coordinator:  Jean Leonatti, [log in to unmask]